A probation amendment is an agreement to change or add conditions to your probation. If you are in violation of a term or condition of your probation, your probation officer may seek a resolution outside of the courtroom.  Amendments may be done by agreement by you and your probation officer to address an issue.  Amendments are typically done in situations where you have violated a technical rule, such as curfew or payment.  In order to settle your case with an amendment, you will be required to sign a waiver of attorney.

Amendments have the potential of significantly changing your probation terms and should not be agreed to lightly. You have an absolute right to consult an attorney before agreeing to a change in your probation.  Do not be afraid to seek advice from an attorney BEFORE signing away your rights.

You should speak to an attorney before agreeing to any amendments to your probation to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.